- MSU President Reflects on the 5th Birthday of Greening of the Great Lakes
"We really do see it as a fundamental partnership with our shared mission of providing the best information and quality dialogue on important issues through the catchment area of the Great Lakes.
- State climatologist: Data suggests warmer than normal summer on the way
The data predicts that this summer will be warmer than normal, Andresen says, but the amount of precipitation cannot be predicted. Many are concerned that another summer drought will occur, which he says is possible, but very unlikely.
- Chuck Leavell: Growing A Better America: Smart, Strong and Sustainable
"We're experiencing phenomenal growth in America, but as we go forward is that growth going to be rapid, rampant, and reckless or can it be smart, strong, and sustainable?"
- Michigan man translates environmental research for public via YouTube
Dozens of leading scientists advise Sinclair, he says, and have began inviting him to join their international research and data-gathering explorations. "They know that they're challenged by communication," he says, "and they know that's a skillset that just a lot of them don't have."
- Pure Michigan Focuses on Conservation, not Preservation
Celebrating its 75th anniversary, she says, the MUCC unites citizens to conserve, protect and enhance our natural resources through communication, education and advocacy. "We really want to protect peoples' rights to hunt and trap, we want to engage people," McDonough says, "and we want to help people foster a stewardship ethic."
- 2011 Joint Environmental Conference
Come join the east and west Michigan chapters of the Air & Waste Management Association, along with the Environmental Law Section of the ...
- WMEAC Membership Annual Meeting
The 2011 West Michigan Environmental Action Council Membership Annual Meeting is Wednesday, November 2, from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. at the WMEAC headquarters
- 2011-2012 Distinguished Lecture Series: Sustainability Science
World class researchers and practitioners will engage with the Michigan State University community on cutting-edge environmental topics. Pamela A. Matson is D ...
- Distinguished Lecture Series: Risk Governance
World class researchers and practitioners will engage with the Michigan State University community on cutting-edge environmental topics during Michigan State University Envir ...
- 2011-12 Distinguished Lecture Series: Climate Change: The Role of Behavior
World class researchers and practitioners will engage with the Michigan State University community on cutting-edge environmental topics during the Michigan State University ...