- MDEQ leader Dan Wyant: A year of water for Michigan
"The governor is focused on energy and the environment," Wyant says. "This is really going to be a year that we're going to do a lot of work on water, on land issues, on natural resources that are so valuable to Michigan."
- The Great Lakes State thrives under DNR Director Keith Creagh
"The governor's budget really put natural resources front and center," Creagh says. Governor Snyder proposed funds for emergency dredging of the Great Lakes, he says, which will make sure boaters can travel safely and that the industry and economy are protected.
- MSU Sustainability Report: Spartans work to grow greener each year
The Energy Transition Plan sets important goals for MSU's future, Battle says, but significant progress has already been made. Greenhouse gas emissions have been reduced by about 14 percent and geothermal energy is now heating and cooling the new Bott Building for Nursing Education and Research, she says.
- 2012 Michigan Green Chemistry and Engineering Conference
Driving Sustainable Manufacturing October 26, 2012 Wayne State University, Detroit
- Sometimes the carrot motivates better than the stick - Michigan's Clean Corporate Citizens
Environmental law is more than forcing companies to behave responsibly. There are also incentives that provide benefits for those who go above and beyond mere compliance. Michigan's Clean Corporate Citizen program is an example of such a program.