- Remarkable Success of MSU Extension's Master Gardener Program Underscores Power of Empowerment
MSU Extension initiated the program in Michigan in 1978 and, according to the Master Gardener website, there are now over 23,000 certified volunteers in 72 counties.
- Michigan Milk Producers conserve water with new innovations, practices
At the MMPA Ovid Plant, raw milk is condensed through an evaporation process that yields an average of 130 million net gallons of water annually, which adds up to more than 400 million gallons in the last three years.
- Agricultural Leaders of Michigan launch new Ag Report
"We're excited to launch our brand new Ag Report to discuss issues that have a dramatic impact on agriculture and to discuss ideas for continuing to grow this vital sector of Michigan's economy."
- Agricultural Leaders of Michigan: Promoting Michigan agriculture's power and potential
"The things that we focus on tend to be pretty big picture," she says. "Trade is a big issue for them." Statewide infrastructure is a main focus of ALM, Byrum says, including broad topics such as roads, bridges, railroads, ports and waterways.
- MSU and Detroit plant seed for urban food system innovation
Detroit, a postindustrial city, has its weaknesses including abandoned properties and liability issues, but Foster is hopeful. "Detroit is a very unique city," he says. "We could actually be a global thought leader for cities around the world."
- Making it in Michigan Conference
For new entrepreneurs or established food companies thinking about creating and launching that next new food product or idea, the fourth annual Making It in Michigan Conference can ...